Ideas to help promote medium sized factions

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by HEEVES, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Matt

Matt Active Member

TNT doesn't have a value, factions will raid any spawners.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Memo

Memo Member

champion
    IGN:
    ScaredOfLiving
    Hi matt

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Fazor99 // Misunderstood

Fazor99 // Misunderstood Active Member

Completely depends on the time of the map. During the first week of the map factions try to maximise the value of items they can get from their tnt, raiding the factions who place down too much/aren't active enough/haven't finished their buffer. Although the first week isn't much time, I mentioned it because that's when the smaller factions quit, during the first week or two.

Big factions won't want to raid 2mil of loot with 5 mil of spawners. Not because of the value of tnt and the possible loot. Because of a few reasons:
    -Don't have a tp to the base-(Somebody, ran the entire nether to search for a base, in our faction and he still did not find it)
    -Just Cba, why would I print a cannon for an hour for such a small amount of loot.
    -Spread out spawners, even if you're stacking against the roof it's still annoying to backstack for pillars with 1 spawner in them each. We usually avoid these bases.

Addressing the main idea, promoting small/medium factions, it depends on what you'd class as a small/medium faction. I think these sized factions don't often have very experienced players. Most of the good players go to the top factions. Small factions have the potential to use almost game-breaking defences against big factions since they have to defend so little items. And if they're smart they'll reduce what you can hit. But the problem is people can't play casually. If people could play casually then a lot of smaller factions would not quit.

In order to help fix this I think we should:
    -Disable nether raiding
    -Add more notify chunks for smaller factions (And make notify chunks work when tnt passes though this chunk)
    -Add 2k of power available to a faction depending on how much mcmmo they have- Means small factions that actually play will get the power reward.

I feel as if this is still just a drop in the ocean, in order to sustain smaller factions properly much more significant changes will need to be made to sustain them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spooooooooooooky

I know nerfing cannons probably isnt a good idea, but what about reducing Buffer limit and reducing maximum of Dispensers in a chunk?
    I know people will find a work around for it but just an idea

5. Aether_

Aether_ Member

paragon
    IGN:
    Aether_
    Faction:
    H3rald
    Heeves is alive :O

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Pantha

Pantha Active Member

IGN:
    SupremeDowny
    Have we met? cause ill do that

• WTF WTF x 1
  7. Fazor99 // Misunderstood

Fazor99 // Misunderstood Active Member

Everybody say that but it doesn't happen.

In reality you might not have a tp to this hypothetical base. And why would you spend 40 minutes printing in a cannon? TNT is worthless but cannoning takes time and effort. This why it doesn't happen in reality.