Make the map harder (my opinion)

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by Erick, Aug 7, 2018.

?

Good idea?

1. yes

2. no

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Erick

Erick Member

Raise the price of raiding materials to a point where players will be forced to grind out the materials and not just buy them without having work for them.

Also decrease the sell price of all farmable goods.

@Bestle @1092CQ @HEEVES @GoodSkin

2. Parted

Parted Active Member

helper
    IGN:
    Parted
    Faction:
    Farside
    I agree with the proposal of making raiding materials more expensive, however farmable goods are already cheap as it is. (cactus specifically) those prices shouldnt be changed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SereneSteel

SereneSteel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SereneSteel
    Faction:
    Farside
    As the process of creating wealth and raiding has been fine tuned, we've kept trying to make it more and more difficult to do both. People's solutions? Just add more people to your faction and spend more time on the game. Making it more and more difficult is unsustainable and just results in a boring gamemode.

4. Vordy

Vordy Member

factions died 4 years ago anyway

5. Erick

Erick Member

It wouldn't make everything difficult. It would slow down the raiding done. For example players wouldn't attempt raids 30 times in a week instead I think it would be more fun if there were only 10 attempts done within a week, since resources would be limited players wouldn't try to raid as much.

As for the wealth part it would only lower the cost of everything since money wouldn't be easy to get either. Nothing would be harder tbh everything that was hard has already been made so easy.

Base building - easy due to the fact of gen buckets and printer
    Trenching - easy because of mining drills
    Base Design - easy because of base building

People tend to get bored when they're doing something repetitively that they get nothing from. Yes having a base with walls is a accomplishing feeling, but to me it seems like people feel more special when they have a good lump sum of wealth. I remember on gontroller when the max amount you were allowed to have was 5 million and people would send money to alts so they would cover all of /baltop since back then it was a bit hard to reach a few million dollars.

I think we've been spoiled by servers that don't care about economy and allow players to gain 20 million in a day by selling iron and emeralds for outrageous sell prices.

6. HDSwifty

HDSwifty Active Member

renowned
    IGN:
    HDSwifty
    Faction:
    Vegetation
    just make the game fun lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SereneSteel

SereneSteel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SereneSteel
    Faction:
    Farside
    Our base was only fired on a few times when we were active. Console hasn't even had a wall blown up, I think. Oldgens was only attempted twice to my knowledge. I think your impression of how often raids are conducted is a little off

8. Pantha

Pantha Active Member

IGN:
    SupremeDowny
    Shit idea, only has a meaningful impact on small factions.

9. Pantha

Pantha Active Member

IGN:
    SupremeDowny
    On this point even the map prior when we were getting attempted every day that was 2 facs pretty much once a day for only a few days... none of this "30 attempts a week" horse shit.

10. Erick

Erick Member

It might be, none of us can be sure of how many attempts occur within a week since we cannot watch the whole server 24/7. If you read the start of my sentence I use 30 raids a week as an example.
    I feel like you like me or something since you're always shit talking my threads, either way maybe you should read the full paragraph before making yourself look like an idiot not saying you aren't already. Anyways I used that to be an example since there is no sure way of anyone knowing how many attempts or raids happen unless you're watching every faction that is playing on the server 24/7 for the whole map.

Anyways the whole point of the thread is for the server to add some rarity to redstone since as of right now players can just go buy.

A stack of dispensers cost 1.6k, that barely scratches anyone's pocket

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Pantha

Pantha Active Member

IGN:
    SupremeDowny
    Yeah i get that was the point of the thread and it's stupid, i've played servers where u would mine the cannon down and store it cause it was expensive... it still gets to a point of wealth where u don't give a fuck and just blow them up again. I said it before, this will only ever hurt small factions and factions like farside, who this map couldn't even watch their buffers for long enough (at least thats why they claimed they mined spawners). If u have a faction willing to grind that little bit more they will end up on top and u will have the server dead in a week or 2 again. Maybe the issue is u play this server like some of the other small facs, they log on, run their kit and sells it to the leading faction cause the maps over and all there is left to do is not get raided and grind out prestiges.

12. Erick

Erick Member

I don't think you get the point and like I said early you're not reading at all. Being able to buy a stack of dispensers straight off from the start is stupid. 1600 dollars is chump change on vaelox.

You keep saying it would hurt small factions, but I don't think you realize small factions are already at a disadvantage because of the lack of players they have to actually help with a raid. Raising the prices on redstone and cannoning materials would help smaller factions. How you might ask well once a faction would blow up their cannon at least they would have the relief of knowing that they won't be able to reprint all the materials back in seconds. If you see it different please let me know, because I'm only seeing positives from increasing redstone prices.

Also decreasing farmable items would slow down factions from getting a immense lead since money grinding would be harder. Also I find it fair since there is so many things that are automated now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Pantha

Pantha Active Member

IGN:
    SupremeDowny
    Increasing the cost of raiding won't hurt big facs unless it stupid expensive, i don't know about other factions but if we go to raid we have more than enough TNT and money to be set for the attempt we go for. All this would do is delay raiding by a day or 2 if ur lucky. How I see it hurting small facs is the cost, small facs constantly bitch about how they are poor and can't afford shit now u want them to spend extra on the materials to raid. Most of the people we catch raiding us get caught before they shoot lmfao. Now if u went to raid but had to spend a shit ton just to get the cannon ready but u are getting caught before u can shoot why would u bother.

Also decreasing farmable items will just increase the lead on big factions, we can still knock our big farms in a few hours and have several people grinding. Say u lower the price cane sells at but kept endy the same, once u got a nice collection of endy going you will rocket up. Yes maybe getting the endy will be slower but not that much considering most big factions will have the player base to make a few extra farms.

And fuck automated farms they have no point to raiding, need some shit like hoppers only work in primary chunks or something so there is a value attached to an automated farm

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sandy

Sandy New Member

I agree with Pantha