Money to Faction Credits Exchange

Discussion in 'Server Suggestions' started by GoodSkin, Jun 22, 2018.

1. GoodSkin

GoodSkin Member

paragon
    IGN:
    GoodSkins
    Faction:
    TOBOBOTS
    Money to Faction Credits Exchange

This should be an option as its harder for smaller factions to receive f credits. Yes we can get them from crates and voting but that is simply not enough credits to say upgrade something that costs 100,000 f credits.

The idea can be implemented easily. and can still be set up so its still not easy to get upgrades.

Example:

The first tier of Crop Growth Upgrade can be unlocked for 50,000 f credits.

"Currently f credit is equivalent to $15 in game cash. For Example a creeper Spawner is 30,000 f credits in f shop. and sells for $450,000 in game cash in /shop. 450,000 / 15 = 30,000. so after doing that math you can see its runs $15 in game cash per f credit. most other item are about the same some are a little more then $15 per credit some are a little less."

So since we have a base number of $15 per f credit to get us the 50,000 f credits needed to upgrade tier 1 of the Crop Growth Upgrade, We would nee to have $750,000 cash for the upgrade.

The thing is we do not want to make it to easy we still want factions to compete for f credits by raiding, castle and etc. we just want an alternative for smaller factions.

So instead of making the exchange $15 per f credit. I suggest we quadruple it. so its a little harder and takes more grinding cash. I think it should be set at $60 per f credit. so if we are attempting to unlock the first example the crop growth upgrade it would end up costing $3,000,000 in game cash.

There is two ways that this can be implemented in to the game.

Option 1:

An AI that exchanges the cash for credits at spawn.

Option 2:

add the option to purchase using in game cash on the /F upgrade and /F shop dashboards.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JugglingToddler

JugglingToddler New Member

hero
    IGN:
    JugglingToddler
  3. 1092CQ

1092CQ Well-Known Member

admin
    IGN:
    1092CQ
    This is not something I can see happening because it would make Faction credits pointless, and would only help larger factions with much more money more than it would any smaller Faction.

I could see adding even more ways to get credits in-game that can be done by smaller factions but as with most things in Factions, if you have more members you're going to be able to get them faster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Parted

Parted Active Member

helper
    IGN:
    Parted
    Faction:
    TSGS
    ^
    There should definetly not be a conversion between faction credits, but instead more ways to gain credits that would appeal to smaller factions

5. Fazor99 // Misunderstood

Fazor99 // Misunderstood Active Member

-1 Carl basically explained why we can't do that.

You solution is flawed. But the problem it seems to fix still exists and needs to be solved. It's highly unreasonable to expect small factions to obtain large amounts of credits.

The solution may be related to @HEEVES 's idea on different tier factions. Lower tier factions should have to pay less credits than big factions.

Following on from what parted said maybe more credits should be obtainable from f missions.

6. SereneSteel

SereneSteel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SereneSteel
    Perhaps you could get cheaper prices for upgrades if you lock your faction size in at a certain number of members

7. GoodSkin

GoodSkin Member

paragon
    IGN:
    GoodSkins
    Faction:
    TOBOBOTS
    Faction credits with /f upgrades does not really help eco wise.......Yes with /f shop it would ruin eco but not with f upgrades. only thing u get from f upgrades that are viable are double drops from mobs, increased hopper speed and crop growth. none of those are going to hurt the eco.

now like mentions you can buy spawners in f shop with f credits. that would end up hurting the eco.

so why cant we make it so /f upgrades are done using case and /f shop is done using /f credits?

servers really have to stop catering to bigger factions and start catering to smaller factions. the bigger factions wont go away but the smaller ones will if everyone keeps chasing them off by catering to bigger factions.

spook and Lag are not pvp factions they are eco grinding factions. you ended up losing those 2 bigger facs do to f credits and stuff. Lag quit because they dont pvp and was harder for them to obtain the f credits to upgrade there crops same with spook.

so just with those 2 facs you ended up losing 50+ players

8. 1092CQ

1092CQ Well-Known Member

admin
    IGN:
    1092CQ
    You seem to be arguing a couple of different points here so I'll go through them each.

1: /f upgrades effecting the economy.
    - On this I mostly agree, besides the increased hopper and crop speeds they're primarily faction aids, not economy related. I never meant that the upgrades would effect the economy in any negative way, but that larger factions are the ones who will have easier access to exponentially increasing wealth, whereas smaller factions will be the ones who have to save up over longer periods, having smaller farms / grinders or fewer people to actively harvest them. Allowing upgrades to be purchasable with money will help these already powerful factions much more than it will help smaller factions. It will simply allow them to obtain all the upgrades even earlier than they currently do, and if we set the price-point high enough to avoid this, you'll be putting it just as far out of reach for smaller factions as with the credits system.

2: Catering towards big factions.
    - Also agreed, which is why allowing upgrades to be purchasable with money rather than credits is unlikely to happen because it is the big factions which have easiest access to the wealth. Adding alternative ways to get credits that can be easier achieved by smaller factions (Missions, Achievements, Mob Arena, Barrows..etc) or as Serene suggested some sort of system to allow factions to trade faction member spaces for cheaper upgrades.

3: "Eco Grinding Factions".
    - Much as with smaller factions, allowing alternative methods for obtaining credits that fit with this gameplay style rather than just removing the separate currency altogether would be much more beneficial. (Farming-based Missions / Achievements, Money-earning based missions / achievements...etc) to match the more PVP heavy methods that already exist. With how efficiently factions can grind money now, having an alternative currency option (Much like GT Tokens for players who played on Gontroller) that can be regulated much more to ensure that certain aspects of gameplay is not RELIANT on simply grinding money but supports it and other gameplay styles and supports factions of different sizes who are logistically unable to grind to the same level.

• Like Like x 1
  9. atlanta0

atlanta0 Active Member

IGN:
    atlanta0
    Individual players who grind normal minecraft tasks should be given credits. Credits can be given based upon /f statslb tiers. I've made over 60mil in money made but have seen no /f credit benefit from being in the top 10 on the server. Same with /f statslb dropsclaimed. Why can't I receive some sort of /f credit benefit hourly/daily for being in one of the top spots on /f statslb dropsclaimed/moneymade especially since I'm in a shitty faction? Seems like a no brainer to me.

@1092CQ @Bestle @swifteh @GoodSkin

Edit: An example would be that I can't buy ceggs but console can buy as many as they want. Wtf?

10. g33builder

g33builder Active Member

helper
    IGN:
    g33builder
    Faction:
    SSD
    It might just have to do something with the fact that we have more than 90% of the servers wealth.

11. atlanta0

atlanta0 Active Member

IGN:
    atlanta0
    But why is mcmmo and wealth the only things that give a credit benefit each 24 hrs?

12. SereneSteel

SereneSteel Well-Known Member

IGN:
    SereneSteel
    What f upgrades or f shop items do you want the most? It seems like eco upgrades, ceggs, and such wouldn't be very useful for smaller factions

13. atlanta0

atlanta0 Active Member

IGN:
    atlanta0
    Growth upgrade is far too expensive. Also ceggs can be very useful for anyone.

I just think the daily top 3 wilderness drops should get a credit bonus, the daily money made top 3 should get a credit bonus, even something like staying in the top ten on ftop for 24 hrs can give a credit bonus.

• Chill Pill Chill Pill x 1
  14. lethal

lethal Well-Known Member

helper
    IGN:
    lethal_shrekin
    Faction:
    Oldgens
    +1 growth upgrade is way too expensive

15. Parted

Parted Active Member

helper