Raid Event

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, Dec 30, 2017.

By Bestle on Dec 30, 2017 at 6:23 PM
  1. Bestle

Bestle Administrator
    Staff Member

owner
    IGN:
    Bestle
    [​IMG]

The raid event will take place in its own dedicated world. In this world, Factions can only claim up to 16 chunks at any one time. This is a Faction vs. Faction event and we will disqualify any Faction(s) who are found to be teaming in any way.

You will need to provide everything you are going to need, except TNT. In the raid event world, dispensers will magically dispense TNT without needing to be filled up (though they are rate-limited so don't go too crazy with them).

Raiding will be disabled in every other world except the raid event world for a period of 4 hours after the event has started

When?
    The world will open up at 10pm UTC / 5pm EST / 2PM PST. I realise this is a little late for our EU players, so if the event is well received we will look to host an earlier one sometime next week.

The world will remain open for 24 hours, though I expect all bases will have been looted by this time.

Joining the Event
    A portal at spawn will take you to a platform in the raid event world. You can also use any combination of homes / Faction warps / tps to get back into the world. PvP is disabled on the platform but enabled everywhere else in the world.

The Bases
    The bases in this world are of varying size and difficulty. Each base has just one central chunk containing all of the valuables (prizes). Don't expect anything with full 20 chunk buffers of walls, but we hope they will at least offer some resistance and difficulty.

The world is 2000 x 2000 in size and contains 24 bases of varying size and difficulty. Some of them are super simple to get into, so don't feel like you wont have anything target if you are a nooby raider!

The Prizes
    Each base will be loaded up with valuables based on the difficulty of entry. Each base is also claimed by a Faction with 50,000 Faction credits to their name which will be awarded to the first Faction to breach it.

The bases will have a combined wealth of approximately 150m.

#1 Bestle, Dec 30, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Bestle, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Anc
      Anc
    2. Bestle
      Bestle
      Unless we can hire a team of child labour in the next 6 hours, then no :p

In all seriousness, the admins may patrol a few of the bases and patch things here and there though.
    3. Awadow
      Awadow
      Unban me thanks!
    4. JakeEU
      JakeEU
      me too!
    5. Stimulize
      Stimulize
      Can TNT be disabled in the real world so that we can fully focus on the raid event and not be worried about anything happening to our actual base?
    6. Bestle
      Bestle
      We can disable it for a couple of hours, sure :)
    7. Parted
      Parted
      For how long will tnt be disabled in the other worlds
    8. Bestle
      Bestle
      4 hours.
    9. Toru4
      Toru4
      Would have 1 huge base be better than 12 smaller ones, cause there are only 2 big factions left not many other smaller ones.
    10. Bestle
      Bestle
      THIS EVENT IS NOW POSTPONED UNTIL 10PM UTC SATURDAY 6TH JANUARY. DISK SPACE ISSUE ON THE BUILD SERVER MEANS WE NEED TO REBUILD MOST OF THE BASES
    11. Toru4
      Toru4
      Make it 1 big base since only 2 factions are left, would be more fun and more pvp since its 2 big factions head to head. If there were many smaller factions then 12 small bases would be fair but there isn't.
      Anybody agreee?
    12. Bestle
      Bestle
      I think there are some small Factions that would like to be able to try their hand at raiding some of the smaller bases :)
    13. Toru4
      Toru4
      Well the factions that are really still playing are attila guccigang and farside, maybe savages no one knows about them.

Or maybe add like 1 huge base AFTER the raid event, like an extra surprise, because it was really fun last time (not sure if it was this server or another). It was a great success, but that is just my opinion on having an additional base.
    14. KingTundra
      KingTundra
      Instructions not clear at all. Dick stuck in server.
    15. M0rt
      M0rt
      How are the instructions not clear? The event will now be next Saturday at 10pm UTC, 5pm EST, and 2pm PST. There will be a couple of bigger bases, and smaller bases so everyone can have a go at one of these bases. Even if you're a smaller faction. TNT will be provided so all a faction needs to bring is build materials for the cannon. So even a 5 man faction could have an attempt at raiding one of the bases.
    16. 1092CQ
      1092CQ
      You gotta use peanut language, man. Just point him to THIS link.
    17. M0rt
      M0rt
      wtf even is that
    18. 1092CQ
      1092CQ
      The fate all all Peanut kind.
    19. KingTundra
      KingTundra
      I'm going to have to report you to the peanut elders! I can't wait to see what they have to say!!!!
      And for @M0rt My dick is in bad shape because of these unclear instructions!! What else is there to say!!
      I need some cake to put my hurt sensitive 'area' in @1092CQ